Posted Saturday, November 23, 2013
Posted Saturday, November 23, 2013
The December 2013 General Membership Meeting will be held Tuesday, December 3, 2013, from 6:45 PM to 9:00 PM at Mathews School Cafeteria (906 West Lynn at West 9th).
Agenda items include the election of the 2014 Steering Committee members, a Cap Metro Presentation, and discussions of the Pressler Street Extension Project, the Nightcap Dessert Lounge at 1401 W. 6th St., and the MoPac Managed Lane Project.
Posted Tuesday, September 11, 2012Read or download the PDF version of the September 2012 newsletter.
Posted Wednesday, August 1, 2012
The next OWANA Steering Committee meeting will be Monday, August 6, 2012, at 7:00pm. The meeting will be at the Pauline Brown/Clarksville Neighborhood Center, 1807 W. 11th Street.
Steering Committee Meeting Agenda
I. Call to order
II. Approve Minutes
III. Presentation of Blanco St. FireHouse 4 Project – Donnie Dickey
IV. Update on Branding/Neighborhood markers – Joe
V. Discussion of ACL Festival and distribution of tickets – Paul
VI. Update-5th and 6th St. Corridor (Dissolving of committee)
VII. Discussion of Neighborhood Plan & Future Land Use Map (FLUM)
VIII. Treasurer’s Report
IX. OWANA Committees, membership, plans, updates
A. Zoning and Land Use
C. Affordable Housing
D. Historic Preservation
E. Traffic and Safety
G. Community Events
X. Other Business and Announcements
Posted Friday, June 29, 2012
On Monday, July 2, 2012, the OWANA Steering Committee will consider the approval of funds for the completion of the West Austin Park Bathhouse Project. OWANA’s existing Park Fund would be the source of the funding if approved. Steering Committee Members may provide comments and their vote by electronic mail by 5 PM, Monday July 2, 2012. Information regarding the proposed funding is as follows:
West Austin Bath House Project Summary
- Removal/replacement of all rotten wood throughout structure.
- New fire rated cedar shingles roof.
- New cedar shingle ridge cap matching style of original building.
- Added decorative bargeboard to the gables matching style of original building.
- Painted decorative bargeboard and corresponding elements to prevent wear and tear on the structure. We were able to trace the original colors and have used those in the project (the green and white).
- Replaced the windows with custom built double-hung windows to match original style used in the building (per historical requirements). Panes are made from perforated lexan to ensure safety while providing for airflow.
- Replaced the bathroom ceilings and replaced with beaded plywood .
- Painted inside of bathrooms.
- Replaced lighting in the bathrooms and removed outside lighting that was not appropriate. Exterior lighting was not recommended by APD, or wanted by the neighbors.
There were unforeseen expenses due to structural and safety issues and two change orders related to painting:
- $145 extra permitting fees required by the City and PARD.
- $325 additional electrical costs due to hazards discovered when fixtures were removed.
- $572 for required safety/security fencing.
- $368.68 for paint that was to be donated.
- $507.90 (change order) for power wash and painting of the outside (this was originally to be done by volunteers but due to time constraints was done by the contractor).
- $508.93 (change order) for interior work on the bathrooms including ceiling panels, molding, paint and epoxy (this was outside of the final scope of work document but was needed).
Friends of WA Park request that the Steering Committee approve funds to cover overage from the final scope of work in the amount of $2427.51.
John Teinert, Chair
OWANA Steering Committee
OWANA thanks all its business members for their continued support.